Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy belated Christmas!

First things first.. I'm typing on my new Netbook..yay! I guess sometimes you do get what you ask for.

Well it's been an interesting week to say the least. This was our first Christmas home in 3 years and Hubby's first Christmas to spend with the punkin. For her 3 Christmas' so far the last 2 he was in the sandbox and the first one he was in Hawaii and we were in NJ. This was also the first Christmas since his mom passed... so it was very bittersweet for him.

The interesting.. all started the day before Christmas Eve.. hubby had just gotten home from work and in the shower .While we were starting to pack up ,our fire alarm goes off. Not one.. but all 3. I'm not cooking anything so I have no idea what is going on and we can't get them to go off. I call the MPs and they call the fire dept... meanwhile we decide maybe its best if we go outside just in case. Hubby starts the car and the punkin and I wait inside since its like 18 degrees or what not.

The fire dept calls back confirming we called... I tell them yes.. fire alarms, no fire, can't shut them off. He tell us to evacuate the premises(which we have already done) and the'yll be right here. Now we live basically next to the firehouse so they could've liked walked across the lawn so they were here super fast.

Our house is historic.. like ancient, built in the mid 1800s and our boiler was apparently that old as well. Our boiler had broken and was apparently burning something that caused so much heat that it set the fire alarms off. I was worried it mught be carbon monoxide but it wasn't so that was a blessing.

Now since our ancient boiler was basically 2 mice running on a wheel to make it work they tell us that it's gonna take them a while to find us a new one and we won't have any heat but they're giving us space heaters. We didn't really care.. we were leaving so that worked for us... but the whole thing put us about an hour and a half behind schedule.

We leave at about 330ish and now we get stuck in holiday traffic and rush hour.. so our 1 1/2 hour drive turns into 2 1/2 hours. Gratefully I big preggo didn't have to pee..and punkin was good in the car. While we were in traffic ,Housing called and told us they found us a boiler.. they were going to come in and have it installed so this way when we got back our heat would be working..

Yay.. bonus.

Christmas itself went off without a hitch..we hit all 3 sets of parents so it was a long day. Punkin made out really well, she got a bunch of fun stuff.

The saturday after Christmas, I decided to get the punkin's haircut. Her first. I needed mine done too, so I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Grandma came along for the ride to watch the punkin while I got my haircut. I went first and she watched and looked like she was gonna be good. Her turn came.... she started out pretty good but once the girl got to this huge knot.. it was all over. She started screaming and wouldn't let her finish. The girl only charged us 5 bux.. but I had to go home and fix it. Can't let my kid go around with unfinished hair. I did a pretty good job.. hubby says she looks like a little girl finally...opposed to a what .. i dont know.

We finally got home Sunday night to no heat.. so they had to emergency come out and fix it which they didn't fix so we had to call them again yesterday which they did fix. So it's nice and toasty in here now.

Today is day 2 of crash potty training.. day 1 went well... hopefully today there won't be any poop on the floor.

I guess we'll see...wish me luck

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Good luck with the new endeavors!