Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Generation Kill part 1

The first part of Generation Kill just finished on HBO.

Ooh Rah!

I'm a sucker for a good miniseries.

I read Generation Kill about 3 years ago... shortly after the hubby got back from Iraq the first time. I loved that book so much I even blogged about it way back in my Myspace blogging days. (That's how I figured out EXACTLY when I read it,lol.)

Now I am totally hooked on the mini-series and it's only been an hour.
I can't wait til next week!

I totally want to go back and re-read the book.....only hubby took it to Iraq with him.

That book is gonna be so sandstormed, I'll never get it back.

Now I'm thinking of getting back in to the whole military iraq war reading list again.
I've already read " The Gift of Valor" and "One Bullet Away"

Anyone have any suggestions....?????

3 comments:

KJ said...

YES, I have suggestions lol - I'm a freak about military/Iraq books.
- My War by Colby Buzzle
- House to House by David Bellavia
- The Long Road Home by Martha Raddatz
- Blood Makes the Grass Grow Green by Johnny Rico
- Rule number two by Heidi Kraft
- On Call in Hell by Richard Jadick

These are just a few I've read and I really enjoyed all of them. The last two involve people in a medical profession so you may enjoy those with the hubby being a medic! Enjoy :)

wendy said...

Thanks for the recommendations. Sounds like a great book!

The Mrs. said...

So far I havent like the miniseries too much. I'm going to have to ask flyboy if he's read the book. I'm having some issues with the way they are portraying the Marines. I'm hoping they redeem themselves. Maybe I should read the book first.

Thieves of Baghdad
We Were One

I know hubs has a bunch more in the office but I'm not at home and cant remember the titles.