Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Downswing

Just as things are starting to look up...I should know better.

The hub's grandmother passed away this weekend.

She had cancer..... we only found out about 3 days before she passed. The Hub's family didn't want to tell anyone she was that sick... I guess they didn't want anyone to worry. So it was kind of sudden... sort of.

The past few days have been very hectic seeing if the Hub would be able to get emergency leave.. to get home for the funeral. He was denied. I feel terrible that he is so far away all alone... I wish there was something I could do for him.

I wish I had some great story or funny anecdote to tell but truth is I only met her twice maybe three times. I'm sorry my daughter won't get to really know here.

She was greatly loved and will be sadly missed.
RIP Grandma Marge.

5 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandma.

I wanted to say thank you for the nice comment you left about my pictures. If you ever live near me I'd certaintly let you pay me to take pictures. :)

The Mrs. said...

So sorry to hear about your families loss.

Keri said...

I'm so sorry :( That has to be really hard on your husband. Sometimes the military just sucks.

jlc said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby's loss. :(

Mrs. Mootz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you loss.